Internship while studying
Did you know that the very best thing you can do to improve your graduate employability is to secure a professional internship while studying?
When companies look for graduates, they prefer students who have completed an internship while studying as they provide a lot of exposure and make them work in a real life work situation.
No doubt, a education on campus provides theoretical knowledge and confers a qualification, but one has to pass the real exam at the workplace. So, you cannot ignore the importance of doing an internship while you are still studying.
By securing an internship, you will be setting yourself up with a number of attributes that will help you stand out from your competition when that elusive graduate position is advertised:
- You will have real professional experience to add to your resume.
- You will prove to your new employer that you have been deemed worthy by another employer. They took the time to invest in you, so you must be good.
- You will have started to develop an understanding of the soft skills you have. These are critical when it comes to applying for a graduate position.
- You might even manage to convince your internship provider to hire you when you graduate.
- You will improve your confidence significantly. You’ve already done this once, so you can do it again.
- You will build upon your network of industry contacts, which will lead to further employment opportunities.
- You will be able to tell the crucial difference between theoretical learning and on-the-job learning.
Do you want to stand out from the competition? Secure an internship while studying. To maximise your chances of landing an internship, take the Successful Graduate course which will help you to prepare the very best application that you can.
[table id=3 /]
A full internships list for Australia available at http://www.internships.com.au/vacancies/